Hello Everyone! Thank you very much for being a part of Squirrelers, and contributing to the growing readership. I appreciate your continued interest as we grow, whether you’re commenting, reading, lurking, or stopping by for the first time.
Along those lines, if you have any feedback or comments on things you particularly like, would like to see more of, or would like changed, please feel fee to reach out to me via the contact form. Also, I’m open to guest posts here, so please feel free to get in touch if you would like to contribute in that way.
With that said, I have some updates and favorites to share with you:
Yakezie Member Post
This week, I had the opportunity to have the Squirrelers “Yakezie Member Post” published at Yakezie.com. Check it out to learn a bit more about the guy who’s behind Squirrelers, and how the blog got started.
I recently ran a poll on Squirrelers where I asked the question “What Percentage of Your Total Income Do You Save?” A total of 41 people decided to answer the question, choosing one of five possible answers. Here are the results:
30% or more: 14
20% to 29%: 9
10% to 19%: 8
0% to 9%: 8
I spend more than I save: 2
Although the sample size is very low relative to the number of visitors to Squirrelers, it appears that many readers tend to be able to “squirrel away” their money. I’m glad to see that, and hope that everyone is doing the best they can with what they have!
Squirrelers in Carnivals and Roundups
This week, Squirrelers was included in the following carnivals and roundups:
- What Really Motivates You to Save was included in the Festival of Frugality at Sweating the Big Stuff, and was selected as an Editor’s Pick.
- The $600,000 Dog was included in the Carnival of Money Stories at Eventual Millionaire
Favorites from the Personal Finance Blogosphere
Below are a variety of articles that caught my eye this week. If you have some time, give them a read!
- The Power of Asking, at Canadian Finance Blog
- 10 Steps to Sell Your Car on Craigslist, at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Save Your Wallet with these Penny Hacks, at FIRE Finance
- How to Pick a Mutual Fund -Type, part of a series at Hope to Prosper
- 10 Tips for Buying a New Home, at Everyday Tips and Thoughts
- Durable Things I Love, at First Gen American
- Coupons for Lottery Tickets – Seriously? , at Provident Planning
- Will the Fed Save the Day? , at Balance Junkie
- 10 Signs You’re Not Prepared for Retirement, at Little House
Have a great weekend!