Dating is expensive. Maybe you’re single and seeking the company of another person. It is possible to squander through a great deal of money before you eventually find the right person. Maybe you’re already married or in a relationship and you’re looking to keep the romance alive. Great conversation and time together can make a healthy relationship. Alone time is an important part of any relationship. Regardless of your relationship status, it is important to remember that date night doesn’t have to be expensive to be rewarding.
Here are some great dating ideas where you can spend quality time with a significant other without paying an arm and a leg.
- Hiking and Biking – Staying active is an important part of life. Why not stay active in a fun way while spending time with that special someone? Exploring hiking trails and biking around the neighbourhood is a great way to get healthy and are a fun and inexpensive way to spend an afternoon date. Enjoying the great outdoors together is a great way to get to know somebody on a deeper level.
- Dinner and a Movie – Going out to a fancy restaurant and then spending money on a movie ticket isn’t exactly a cheap date. For a more intimate setting, check out your local movie rental spot for the latest releases. Plus, pick up some ingredients for a simple and delicious dinner for two. Curling up on the couch with your date while watching a movie is a perfect and inexpensive way to wind down and relax.
- A Picnic for Two – The sun is out and there is a nice breeze. What better way to spend the afternoon than to pack a basket with your favourite wine and cheese and head to the park for a picnic with that special person! Many communities even offer free activities in the local parks, such as live theater, concerts, dance recitals and more!
- Lights Out – It’s quite easy these days to get swept up in the latest technology and social media devices. Sometimes it’s great to just turn off all of the electronics and lights and make a date night by candlelight. Shut down that computer, turn off the cell phone, and turn off the lights. Without the electronic distractions, you’ll be able to reach a connection with your date over romantic candlelight conversation.
- Mystery Night – Everybody enjoys a nice surprise. Why not plan a secret romantic mystery night? You can make the arrangements and tell your date where and what time you will meet. You could even take this to the next level by leaving them special clues! The destination of the date can be anything from a museum trip, a coffee shop concert, or anything you so desire. The important part is not the destination, but the thrill of not knowing what’s coming next.
- Books and Coffee – It’s easy to get lost in a good book. Why not talk to your date about their favourite books and music over coffee? Walk around a library or book store browsing the various sections for common interests. Browse through art and photography books and talk about far away destinations and ancient Roman architecture. This is a great way to discover the more refined side of your companion. For those who love coffee, this is a great way to meet up with and enjoy great coffee, quality conversation, and perhaps a baked good.
About the Author
QuickQuid is a responsible online payday lender that helps hard-working Britons find a fast and convenient solution to financial emergencies from the privacy and convenience of home. Its cash advances are a hassle-free solution to emergency expenses or short-term money needs. And, you can even compare lenders to see how QuickQuid stacks up against the competition.