Greetings, everyone! Hope your weekend is going well. As I touch base with all of you on updates, favorites, top referrers, etc – I’d also like to say Thank You for being a part of this blog. Big thanks to regular readers, whether you comment or lurk about I appreciate your interest in following Squirrelers!
Yakezie March Madness
Over the last few weeks, college basketball hasn’t been the only March Madness scene. There has been a personal finance March Madness as well!
Narrow Bridge has facilitated a fun Yakezie March Madness tournament, which mirrored the basketball version by setting up brackets of 64 personal finance blogs in the Yakezie network. Blogs advance to the next round if they get more votes than the blog they’re matched up with in the bracket.
Well, this creative little tournament is down to the Final Four of personal finance blogs, and Squirrelers is still in it! Very cool and surprising. I certainly didn’t expect my blog to be there at this point. Anyway, the other 3 still in it are great blogs.
Here is a link to the voting.
Top 10 Referring Sites for March 2011
- MSN Smart Spending
- Free Money Finance
- Len Penzo
- Budgeting in the Fun Stuff
- Minting Nickels
- Broke Professionals
- First Gen American
- Invest it Wisely
- Surviving and Thriving
Blog Carnivals Featuring Squirrelers in the Last 2 Weeks
- Is This a Good Time to Invest in Japan was included in the Carnival of Financial Planning at Consumer Boomer
- Squirreling Gone Wild #23: Strategic Furniture Placement was included in the Carnival of Money Stories at Money Thinking
- Millionaire Goal? Consider Time Value of Money was included in the Carnival of Personal Finance at Fiscal Fizzle
- Are Target-Date Funds a Good Choice? was included in the Carnival of Wealth at Value Stock Guide
- Crazy Keywords was included in the Yakezie Carnival at Young and Thrifty
Squirrelers on MSN
- SGW#23: Strategic Furniture Placement was featured on MSN’s Smart Spending Blog
Invest It Wisely $450 Giveaway
Kevin at Invest it Wisely is celebrating one year of blogging with a huge giveaway, with over $450 in prizes! I’m proud to be sponsoring one of the prizes in this fantastic event!
Here are a few articles from around the personal finance blogosphere that caught my eye in the past week:
- Housing Values in Real Terms Haven’t Risen a Dime in 100 Years, at Darwin’s Money
- Should You Avoid a Stock if the Bid-Ask Price Spread is Large?, at USA Today
- Planning on Having Kids? Save the Nice Furniture for After they Grow Up, at Parenting Family Money
- Warren Buffet on Gold Investing, at Beating the Index
- The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Oil, at Young and Thrifty
- Life as a Landlord – Loose Ends, at PF Firewall
- We Must Learn from Our Mistakes, at Sweating the Big Stuff