As a blog owner, I have been called many names – by both my readers, as well as on other blogs, when making comments. Don’t worry, none of them have been bad! What I mean is, I have been addressed by different variations on my blog’s name:
- The Wise Squirrel
- Mr Squirrel
- Sir Squirrel
Personally, I got a kick out of Sir Squirrel 🙂
Anyway, it begs the question: How did I come up with the name “Squirrelers”?
The Answer: I got the name from the concept of “squirreling away” money.
It has always been a saying that amused me, for whatever reason. Even though I thought it was a funny term, it did represent a part of my belief system with personal finance: saving money. It just seemed like a good fit. The final decision for me came as I was set to launch a blog, and I happened to see a busy squirrel as I glanced out the window. I paused for a second, and thought that it’s meant to be….and Squirrelers it was!
And then, the blog was born.
My questions for you:
- If you’re a blog owner, how did you decide upon the name of your blog? Did the name just come to you one day? Or, did you spend time researching possibilities?
- For everyone – what blog or website carries a name that strikes you as being memorable? It could be because it’s cool, funny, or just flat out wacky.
As you ponder those questions, here are my updates and favorites for the week:
Stay tuned for an announcement about something new here at Squirrelers. It’s currently in the works….
Squirrelers in Blog Carnivals
This week, Squirrelers was included in the following carnivals:
- 5 Benefits of Living Trusts was included in the Carnival of Personal Finance at Cash Money Life
- Squirreling Gone Wild #17: The Magic Gumball Machine and Free Cookies was included in the Festival of Frugality at Budgeting in the Fun Stuff (Editor’s Pick!)
- Check Diversification Within International Funds was included in the Carnival of Wealth at Personal Dividends
- I Thought Duke Graduates Were Smart was included in the Yakezie Carnival at Bucksome Boomer
New Website to Check Out
A new website called Pregnancy Pool has recently been launched. It’s from a fellow Yakezie network member who’s the same guy running My Journey to Millions. Very cool concept, in my opinion. I would have passed this on to family and friends with the birth of my kids, had this site been launched a few years back. Anyway, I think this is pretty cool, and suspect that it has a shot at succeeding. I’ll be following it, and will be passing it on to any fun people that are expecting.
Favorites from the Personal Finance Blogosphere
If you have time for some weekend reading, I suggest checking out these interesting articles:
- Early Retirement Portfolios at Early Retirement Extreme
- Tech to Keep Track of Your Kids at CNN Money
- Financial Planning Days – My Experience and Observations at Wealth Informatics
- How to Scout Real Estate in Space at Invest With Passion
- Would You Pay for an Extravagant Wedding? at Everyday Tips and Thoughts
- Why Gorillas Don’t Have 401(k) Plans at First Gen American
- The Comfortable Lifestyle Business or The Big Payout? at Financial Samurai
- His Wallet is Empty but What About His Head? at The Kitchen Sink
- Eight Win-Win tips for Boomerang Kids and their Parents at Personal Finance By The Book
- Improve Economics and Help Feed the Poor at the Same Time at Invest It Wisely
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Are Seniors the Only Ones Who Need It? at Christian PF
- Take a Personal Day to Fix Your Finances at Smart on Money